Treadmill Workout and Pita Pizzas
Hey guys! How are all of you doing? Today feels like it’s gone by so fast. Probably because I’m flying back to Columbus tomorrow…blahh I’m not ready to start up our long distance relationship again just yet.
Chris had a couple of job interviews today for personal training. And he basically already got the jobs…oh yea, he’s that good ;).
When Chris got back from his first interview, it was time for lunch. I wanted a good salad so I made him take me to Whole Foods and I attacked their prepared meal bar again. The plan was to only get a salad…yea then I saw the mushroom tofu stroganoff and I was a goner.
After letting our food settle for a bit we went to the gym and I was honestly not feeling it. I think it’s because we went in the afternoon instead of the morning. I’m more of a morning workout girl…as the day goes on my motivation to exercise gradually decreases. So, we decided to just do a quick 30-minute workout. I did 10 minutes on the bike and this treadmill incline walking workout-
20-minute Treadmill Incline Walking Workout
|Time||Incline (%)||Speed (mph)|
Feel free to adjust the incline and speeds to what is comfortable for you. 4 mph is about the fastest my legs can handle when walking uphill and not only was I feeling the burn in my thighs and glutes, but I was having a hard time catching my breath! After walking at an incline of 12% for 2 minutes, going back down to 8% was a relief.
When we were done working out and showering, Chris and I hung around for a bit before his 2nd interview and went to the store for our dinner ingredients. Once he got back from his meeting we got crackin’ and made some seriously yummy pita pizzas!
Whole Wheat Pita Pizzas
Makes 4 pizzas
- 4 whole wheat pitas
- 1 8oz can organic tomato sauce
- Daiya dairy free mozzarella cheese (Chris is lactose intolerant, so you could use dairy cheese too)
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup uncooked sliced mushrooms
- 1 medium roma tomato
- 3/4 lb ground turkey
- Dried oregano
- Dried parsley
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Ground black pepper
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Spray a skillet with olive oil cooking spray; cook ground turkey over medium-high heat until cooked all the way through (no longer pink); set aside
- In same skillet, saute sliced mushrooms and chopped bell pepper; lightly season with dried oregano, parsley, garlic and onion powders, and pepper; set aside
- In a small bowl, season tomato sauce with dried oregano, dried parsley, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper to taste. We used around 3 generous shakes of each seasoning, except for the black pepper which we only used lightly. Mix the sauce well.
- Place pitas on a cooking sheet that has been sprayed with olive oil cooking spray. Spread pizza sauce onto the pita. Top with cheese, sauteed peppers and mushrooms, ground turkey, and sliced roma tomatos.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes.
- Enjoy 🙂
Oh my gosh, these were soooo good! And they were really easy to make :). The pitas made for a great pizza crust. They were crispy, but not too crispy if that makes sense haha.
Okay, I’m off to spend my last night with Chris! Gotta enjoy our last bit of time together…
P.S. if you haven’t already…”like” me on facebook!
Hope you have a fabulous night!
Does your motivation to workout decrease as the day goes on? Or are you more of a late-in-the-day exerciser?
Have you ever used pitas to make pizza?