Last Day in FL and Long-Distance Relationships
Hello friends! Sorry I didn’t post yesterday! I spent the early part of the day cherishing my last few hours with Chris and then I had my flight back to Columbus. By the time I got home I just wasn’t in the mood to sit down and write something.
Yesterday morning, Chris and I woke up and decided to head to the beach for one last walk. It was a beautiful morning!
As we were walking along the beach we noticed a ton of small areas blocked off with orange posts and orange rope.
When we got closer to one, we discovered that they were marking off the areas of sea turtle nests! So cool! I couldn’t believe how many nests were populating this beach…wouldn’t it be awesome to see the hatching of a nest and watch the cute baby turtles make their way back to the water? I think so 🙂
I think I’d be in heaven if I could walk the beach with this hunk everyday for the rest of my life :).
After our beach time we went back to Chris’s place, ate some lunch, and I got all packed up. I pretty much hated the entire car ride to the airport. I was not at all ready to say goodbye to him. We are still not sure when we’re going to see each other again and I hate not having a solid countdown ready to go. But, as soon as we get our school schedules we will be making flights. Our plan is to visit each other once in Boston and once in Boca Raton. I’m hoping we won’t have to go more than 6 weeks without seeing one another.
When people hear that I was in Boston all last year, and that now Chris will be in Florida, I always the get question of how do we do it? “It” being the whole long distance thing. I’m not going to sugar coat it- it’s not easy. But, it is completely worth it because I love him so much and I know for a fact this is the guy I want to be with. I also know that he feels the exact same way. I’m pretty sure long distance wouldn’t work if we didn’t both feel those things.
I am by no means an expert on long distance dating, but if you want it to work, I believe that it absolutely can- you just have to be willing to put forth the effort. Here are some of the things that I’ve “discovered” over this past year, and things that will definitely be going into play again now:
- Skype is freaking amazing. Seriously. Seeing Chris on my computer screen is awesome and is so much better than just hearing his voice. And I think it makes our conversations better because we are completely focused on one another.
- Texting throughout the day lets the other person know that you are thinking of them. I know that I love getting them :).
- You have to really talk and communicate with each other. When you aren’t seeing the other person, you need to keep each other updated on the small details of your life or else talking about doing the same thing over and over again everyday will get boring. When you’re talking on the phone, try not to multitask. It will take away from the conversation and you won’t really be listening to one another. Also, if you’re upset about something- don’t keep it in. Talk about it asap. I sometimes have a problem with this, but I’m trying!
- Make an effort to see one another. Chris came to see me twice in Boston last year and that was great! We also went on my spring break together. The longest we went without seeing one another was 8 weeks, but usually it was 6 or less.
- Trust one another. Jealousy over what the other person is or isn’t doing will not get you anywhere and will likely just cause a problem.
- Cherish the times you do get to see each other.
- Don’t let your relationship lose the “romance”. Remind the person that you love them and why. Send them things in the mail or write a “love letter”.
Those are just some of the things that I’ve realized with long-distance dating. As I said before, it is hard…but ABSOLUTELY worth it!
This morning I kicked my own butt with my workout and it felt awesome! I lifted and threw in some plyometrics to get my heart rate up. My body is already feeling it. Here’s what it looked like-
- Squat jumps: 2 sets 12 reps
- Squats: 2 sets 15 reps
- Lateral bounds: 2 sets 10 reps each side
- Straight-leg deadlifts: 2 sets 15 reps
- Split jumps (pop lunges): 2 sets 10 reps each side
- Rear lunges: 2 sets 15 reps each side
- Burpees: 2 sets 10 reps
- Bridges: 2 sets 15 reps
- Chest press: 2 sets 15 reps
- Bent over rows: 2 sets 15 reps each side
- Push-ups on bench: 2 sets 20 reps
- Reverse fly: 2 sets 15 reps
- Bicep curls: 2 sets 20 reps
- Lateral raises: 2 sets 15 reps
- Lying triceps extension: 2 sets 15 reps
- Side bends with dumbbell: 2 sets 15 reps each side
- Reverse crunches: 2 sets 15 reps
- Bicycle crunches: 2 sets 60 reps
- Lower leg lifts: 2 sets 15 reps
- Supermans: 2 sets 15 reps
Hope you guys have an awesome day!
Have you ever seen baby turtles hatching?
Have you ever been in a long-distance relationship?