Supersets and Chicken for One
Thank you all so much for your comments on my post about CJ and Zoey!
Zoey is doing great! She’s already making herself at home. And she’s very curious about everything, she loves to play, and she’s a great little snuggler :D.
She really didn’t want me to do my homework yesterday…
…and for some reason she loves to get in my drawers…
….and last night she passed on the couch for a while- so cute!
Last night I had a really good piece of chicken of for dinner! It was really easy to make too!
Chicken Dijon for One
**This can easily be adjusted to serve more people!
- 1 chicken breast
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup of wine
- Less than 1/4 cup of olive oil (probably about 1/6 cup)
- Several shakes of low sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
***I used 1/2 cup of wine and it was kind of liquidy, so if you want it to be a thicker marinade, use less!
- Marinate chicken in a bag for a couple of hours (or more) in the refrigerator – the longer you marinate it the better it will taste!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place chicken and marinade in a dish.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes depending on size of chicken breast. Mine was fairly big so I baked it for 25 and it was perfect!
I told you that with my new strength training schedule I would try to post some new workouts for you guys. Well, the one I did this morning was awesome! My arms are already getting sore!
Upper Body and Core Superset Workout
**Supersets are two exercises completed back to back with no rest in between
For this workout- complete each superset 3 times with only 30 seconds of rest between each set.
- Push-ups on bench – 20 reps
- Seated row – 15 reps
- Chest dumbbell fly – 15 reps
- Lat pull downs – 15 reps
- Hammer curls – 12 reps
- Shoulder press – 12 reps
- Tricep pushdowns – 12 reps
- Arm circles – 25 reps forward, 25 reps backward (I used a very small amount of weight)
- Weighted side bends – 15 reps each side
- V-ups – 20 reps
- Supermans – 15 reps
- Plank – 1 min
Those arm circles are killer!
Hope you are having a good Monday so far!
What is your favorite thing to marinate chicken in?
What upper body exercise do you find the hardest?