Meatloaf and The Animal Whisperer
Chris is here! I’m so happy :). And for that reason, I’m going to keep this short and sweet with a recipe!
We made an awesome dinner last night – turkey meatloaf. It was incredibly easy, and super duper tasty!
BBQ Turkey Meatloaf
Adapted from Cooking Light
Yields 1 9×5 inch loaf
- 1.5 lbs lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup whole wheat dry breadcrumbs (about 1 piece of regular sized bread)
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup BBQ sauce, divided
- 1 Tbsp yellow mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 large egg whites
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine turkey, breadcrumbs, onion, 1 Tbsp BBQ sauce, and the rest of the ingredients except for the cooking spray, in a bowl.
- Shape meat into a 9×5 inch loaf pan that has been coated with cooking spray.
- Spread remaining BBQ sauce on top meat loaf.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 50 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink, but still tender.
- Slice and enjoy!
We served our turkey meat loaf with rice and steamed broccoli and cauliflower. It was a fantastic meal!
And Chris has already bonded with Zoey. I swear, he is like an animal whisperer or something. After him being here for like an hour yesterday she was already biting his toes and snuggling in by his legs while he was sitting down. It’s crazy because she won’t even do that with my roommates yet! BUT, after he bonded with her she suddenly became more open with my roommates. Last night she was sitting next to them and letting them pet her. Thank you Chris :).
Awww, my little baby…so adorable.
Ok friends, I hope you all have an awesome Friday! Chris and I are off to get the gym.
If you like meatloaf, what is your favorite way to make it?
Do you know anyone who animals always seem to love?