Hi everyone!! I hope you’re having a good week!
I realized that I haven’t shown you any pictures of Zoey recently, so here a few :).
She’s my little cutie pie :). I’m not entirely sure why her eyes look blue in one pic and green in the other though haha. They are actually a yellowish green.
So, this is probably not something that should be admitted in the healthy living blog world, but I am not a huge fan of vegetables. Don’t get me wrong, there are plenty of veggies that I like and I eat them on a regular basis, but there are some I won’t eat because of their taste and my whole texture thing.
There are plenty of other things I’d rather eat than vegetables, but I know how important they are for my health and I recognize that they help me feel and look healthy too. Therefore, I make sure to try and eat plenty of them throughout the day! I used to pretty much just eat salads in order to get in my veggie servings but that gets old really quickly. Also, it can be expensive to buy a lot of fresh vegetables every week.
Here are some of the ways that I make sure to get enough veggies in my diet without spending too much money:
1. I now buy heads of lettuce instead of pre-packaged and pre-cut lettuce. It’s so much cheaper and it doesn’t seem to go bad as quickly!
2. I buy bags of frozen veggies and steam them in the microwave! Sometimes I’ll top them with low-sodium soy sauce for a bit more flavor. Frozen vegetables are often a lot cheaper than fresh and they are frozen at their nutritional peak. So, it’s much easier for me to get a variety of veggies when they are frozen because I can afford it even when they aren’t in season!
3. I like to get chunky vegetable soups. They generally are chock full of veggies and are lower calorie so you can eat them as a meal side or as a snack!
4. Healthy condiments or dips can be used with sliced vegetables. I used to be one of those people that piled on the ranch dressing with my veggie slices, but now I prefer to use hummus! I also really want to try the new greek yogurt veggie dip from Marzetti!
5. I like to add vegetables to as many dishes as possible so that I don’t need to eat them alone haha. I’ll do things like add spinach to eggs, add mixed veggies to pasta, and top pizzas with several types of vegetables.
All of these things help me save money and make sure that I get enough vegetables in my diet!
I hope you have an awesome Wednesday!
How do you make sure to get enough vegetables in your diet?
What is your favorite way to eat vegetables?