Bodyweight Strength Workout
Hello everyone! Let’s fast forward this week a bit so I can see Chris and be in Florida :D.
As I promised in yesterday’s post I have a new workout for you all! When I went to the gym yesterday I knew that I wanted to do a strength workout but I also wasn’t in the mood to lift weights. I’m crazy, I know haha. So I decided to do an entire workout of bodyweight exercises.
I have incorporated bodyweight exercises into my workouts but I’ve never done a routine that consisted of them entirely. And let me just tell you- it was awesome! My body was incredibly fatigued at the end. Plus, I was super hungry all day yesterday and I’m feeling really sore today.
*Do 3 sets of each group of exercises, resting for only 30 seconds between sets. Perform exercises in the group back to back.
- Push ups (regular)- 15 reps
- Wall sits – 1 min
- Jumping Jacks – 25
- Inverted rows – 10 reps (note: the higher the bar the easier the exercise)
- Bench step-downs – 15 reps each side (to see how I did them check out this video from Tiff!!)
- Ski jumps – 16 reps
- Negative pull-ups – Jump into the top position of the pull-up and lower yourself down as slow and controlled as possible
- Hamstring curls with stability ball – 15 reps
- High knees – 30 reps
- Tricep dips on bench – 15 reps
- Single leg squats with stability ball – 10 reps each side
- Tuck jumps – 10 reps
- Arm circles – 45 reps forward, 45 reps backward
- Side lying hip adduction – 20 reps each side
- Burpees – 8 reps
I completed my workout with some core exercises. I’m pretty much feeling it everywhere today. Like I said before, I had never done an entire workout of bodyweight exercises, but I really liked it! I will definitely be doing more of this!
I hope you all have a fantastic Monday :).
Do you like bodyweight exercises?
If so, what’s your favorite exercise?