Guest Post – Making the Most of the Holidays
Hi guys!! Happy Veterans Day! I hope you’re having an amazing Friday :). Today I’ve got an awesome guest post for you from Brittany. She is one of my favorite bloggers and blog friend and I’m so excited to feature her on my blog! Her post today has some great tips for making the most out of the holidays! Enjoy!
Hey In Sweetness & In Health readers! My name is Brittany and I blog over at Itty Bits of Balance.
I’ve been a faithful reader of Lindsay’s blog ever since I started my own, and I absolutely love all the great stuff she’s got goin’ on over here! Like Lindsay, I’m also a full-time student balancing a healthy lifestyle, but additionally I’m in the process of studying to receive my NASM personal training certification in a few months (the same cert. that Lindsay’s boyfriend Chris has!)
With tons of studying on my plate, a boyfriend to spend time with, a family to keep in touch with, and student involvement activities, it’s difficult not to lose myself in the hustle & bustle of it all. It is at these very moments where I have to remind myself to sit back, relax, and make the most of my current moment.
With that, I thought it’d be a great idea to compile a list of ways that I plan on making the most of my holiday season (since I’m a little bit of a holiday fanatic, but that goes without saying…)
How to Make the Most of The Holidays
1. Quality Time- Luckily I already get to spend plenty of quality time with my lovah & puppy up here at school, but my family lives a solid 250 miles away from me. This holiday season, I get to go home for a few weeks and plan on making the most of every moment with the fam. That means trying my best not to say no to plans, coming up with ideas of new experiences to share together, and not sending myself to bed at 10:00 PM every night (like I do now) to make for more evening chat time.
2. Make New Recipes- When I get caught up in everyday life up here in Orlando, I sometimes forget how much I love to bake and come up with new recipes to share! This holiday season, I plan to take full advantage of the fact that sweets are acceptable at any time of the day, and that I will have plenty of friends and family around to sample my goodies!
I’m thinkin’ anything involving pumpkin to go along perfectly with my 89 calorie vegan & gluten-free pumpkin muffins 😉
3. Change Up My Exercise- Exercising outside during the summer months in South Florida isn’t exactly the most exciting activity, due to the fact that I sweat my face off before I manage to get halfway into my workout. Now that the winter months have arrived, the cool chilly air has allowed me to get my run back on, without the deadly sunrays beaming down.
After the completion of my first marathon last year, I’ve taken quite the running hiatus, but I feel like these winter months will be a time to bring it back!
Hellooo thermal running gear 😉
4. Snuggle- During my winter break, I plan to have many reoccurring dates with myself and my Snuggie, bundled next to my family’s beautiful Christmas tree. Perhaps a soothing cup of coffee will be involved too?
5. Remember What’s Important- Because of my busy schedule, I often get so caught up in my “to do” list that I forget to take a few moments out of each day to step back and recognize what is important. Of course school and work are major priorities in my life, but things like family, good memories, and great friends are irreplaceable.
This winter break I plan on taking time out of each day to count my blessings. I’m going to make an extra effort to remind those around me on a daily basis just how important they are to me, and how thankful I am to have them in my life.
So there you have it! My strategies for making the most out of the holiday season.
Feel free to pay me a visit over at Itty Bits of Balance anytime you’d like! I love new faces 😀