15 Fitness Gifts of Christmas
I hope you have all been having a good week so far! So, one thing that I cannot accomplish while still at school is my Christmas shopping. You see, I can’t really do it because I am not going to have any room in my suitcase when I fly back home to Ohio. That means that I’ll have about a week to shop when I get home. Totally doable but sometimes it’s really hard when people haven’t told me what they want haha.
Well, yesterday I got the idea to write a post highlighting some gifts (on a big spectrum of cheap to expensive) for fitness enthusiasts. I have sometimes heard that it can be offensive to purchase fitness items or workout wear for people, but I don’t see it that way at all- especially if you know someone is a health and fitness fan!
I sent questions to my fellow fitfluential ambassadors and to my twitter peeps to see what fitness-related items people either wanted or thought would be good gifts! So here’s the list of items that people responded with:
Fitness-Related Gift Ideas:
1. TRX Suspension Training – a portable, suspension tool that allows you to do hundreds of bodyweight exercises
2. MOTOACTV– a really cool new device that does a bunch of things: tracks time, distance, speed, and calories burned; stores and plays music and learns what songs motivate you; has an audio coach that can update you and keep you moving; and you can download your performance data onto motoactv.com or to an android app that you download
3. Foam roller – a form of stretching that allows you to do self-myofascial release
4. iTunes gifts cards to download new workout music
5. Heart rate monitors
6. Nike GPS watch – the gps works with the Nike+ sensors to let a runner know accurate pace and distance data; can personalize it with motivational features; also tracks heart rate and calories burned
7. Health and fitness magazine subscriptions
9. Workout clothes (and this could include cold weather gear! :))
10. Standing punching bag
11. Workout headbands…I love my BIC band!
12. Resistance bands
13. Stability ball
14. Personal training sessions (I know Tina just started offering online personal training services :D)
Alright friends, there ya have it! A list of 15 awesome fitness-related gifts that you can buy for someone…or ask someone else to get for you ;). I could have made this list even longer- it’s amazing how many awesome things are out there!
Anyhoo…I hope you all have a fabulous Wednesday! Love you xoxo!
What fitness items would you want as a gift?
Do you ever buy other people fitness-related presents?