Quick Tabata Workout and Christmas Survey
Hi friends!! 😀
I hope you are all having a good week. Mine is fine, it just feels like it’s taking forever! Grrr…hopefully these next couple days go by quickly!
Anyway, yesterday at the gym I was inspired to incorporate some tabatas into my workout. For those of you that don’t know, a tabata is a form of HIIT where you do an exercise for 20 seconds and rest for 10 before starting again. You go for a total of 8 sets, which means that 1 tabata is 4 minutes long. Yesterday I did 2 tabatas before my strength workout. It definitely got me breathing heavy and I could tell I was working hard! Oh and I totally did some one-legged burpees :)…so proud of myself!
I love incorporating new things into my workouts! It keeps my body challenged :D.
And to clarify some of the exercises:
Plank jacks (click the link)
Medicine ball squat to toss: Squat down with the ball at chest height and then as you come up out of the squat, toss the ball up in the air. Catch the ball as you go back down into another squat. I couldn’t find any pics of the full movement so here are two different ones
Anyway, on Monday I saw this Christmas survey on Alexandra’s blog and loved it. So, I decided to do it today! Enjoy!
1. Egg nog or hot chocolate?? Um, I love both! I guess it depends on my mood. If I want something warm then I’ll go with hot chocolate.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa always wraps presents…and they are in a different wrapping paper than the presents from anyone else!
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? We have colored lights on our Christmas tree and white lights outside! All of the houses around me tend to put up white lights as well so it looks like a winter wonderland…although not nearly as intense as the Clark Griswold house 😉
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No we never have! At least not that I’m aware of haha.
5. When do you hang your decorations up? We usually put up our decorations the weekend after Christmas!
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Oh man, I don’t know if I have one! We don’t always eat the same thing anyway. But if we have a thanksgiving style meal, then my favorite dish is the stuffing :).
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Ummm…way too many to count or pick just one!
8. What is on your Christmas Wishlist? The only thing I asked for this year is a DSLR camera!
9. Do you open a gifts on Christmas Eve? Yep! We go to my aunt’s house on my mom’s side every Christmas Eve and there were get to open presents from my grandparents and from the white elephant gift exchange!
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? We decorate our tree with colored lights, fun ornaments, fancy ornaments and balls, and some fun 3-d star things. I’ve shown this picture twice already, but I’m gonna post it again because I love our tree :).
11. Snow? Love it or dread it? I love snow until the new year! And then I’m over it haha. I think snow is so festive, so that’s why I like during the holidays. After the holidays are over though, snow can leave thank you very much.
12. Real tree or fake tree? We have a fake tree. When I was younger we had real trees at one point. Apparently that changed after my mom saw a real tree cause an apartment to catch on fire.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I’ve been an incredibly lucky person when it comes to Christmas. I am so thankful for everything, and ever single year I get some fabulous gifts. I can’t pick a favorite! There have been too many.
14. What’s the most important thing about Christmas for you? Spending time with my family and enjoying everything about the holiday season- the movies, music, decorations, cheerfulness that everyone experiences, etc!
15. What is your favorite Holiday dessert? I LOVE my mom’s fudge :D. I could eat it every single day!
16. What is your favorite tradition? Our Christmas Eve celebration with my mom’s side of the family! We’ve been doing this since I was born, and it’s always so much fun! I also love the celebrations we have with my dad’s side of the family. So basically, all family get togethers are my favorite traditions :).
17. What tops your tree? A silver star with an elf hugging it. I’ve already posted this pic as well…but you can enjoy it again!
18. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving? When I was younger, of course I preferred receiving haha. As I’ve gotten older though, I really appreciate getting gifts for other people! I love it when I am successful and they absolutely love what I have picked out for them!
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? I love “The Christmas Song” – you know the one about chestnuts roasting on an open fire…
20. Candy canes, yuck or yum? YUM…even though I don’t really eat them all that often.
21. Favorite Christmas Movie? I have multiple: A Christmas Story, Christmas Vacation, The Santa Clause, Elf, and Love Actually
22. What do you leave for Santa? Cookies and milk, and carrots for the reindeer :).
23. Do you have a Christmas morning tradition? I can rarely sleep in on Christmas morning. I’m usually awake and bouncing with joy and anticipation by 7am (sometimes earlier). My “tradition” is to annoy my brother and go wake him up and make him get out of bed haha…I’m so nice.
24. Do you prefer to shop on-line or at the mall? I definitely prefer the mall! I like to see things in person. Although if I can get a better deal online then I’ll buy something!
25. Christmas letter or Christmas card? Um…a card I guess!
I love Christmas!! 11 days to go 😀 hehe
Have you ever done tabatas? What do you think of them?
Answer any of the above questions! Or do the survey for yourself 🙂