Happy New Year’s Eve everyone!!!
I hope that you all have something great planned for tonight- whether that involves going out to a party or staying in with loved ones! Chris and I are still trying to figure out what we are doing tonight haha. As long as we’re together I’ll be happy!
So I’ve been seeing a bunch of these posts around the blogosphere and wanted to do one of my own – some highlights from 2011!
– I went back to Miami University (my alma mater) for the first and only time since I graduated back in May 2010
– I completed two full semesters and a summer semester of grad school! (only 1 more academic semester to go!)
– I went to Siesta Key, FL with Chris for my spring break
– I started my blog!!!!
– I helped Chris move to Florida
– I finally started attempting things in the kitchen! (although I need to hop back on that train asap…I got a bit lazy at the end of the semester haha) Here are some of the recipes I’ve made and think are good:
- Tilapia Citrus Couscous Salad
- Baked Salmon with Orange Glaze
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
- BBQ Turkey Meatloaf
– I got my kitten Zoey 🙂
– My workout style has evolved. Even at the beginning of 2011 I would only occasionally do intervals on the treadmill and I was doing a basic routine of two full-body strength workouts a week and a lot of steady state cardio…borrringgg. Mainly through reading blogs and starting my own I discovered some great ways of exercising. I now incorporate a lot more intervals, circuits, and plyometrics into my workouts. It’s awesome! Here are a few of my favorite workouts:
– Chris and I got engaged!!!!
– I hiked for the first time in the Smoky Mountains!
I’ve had a pretty amazing year :). I can only hope that 2012 has more great things to offer!!
I hope you all have a fantastic New Year’s Eve!
What is one of your 2011 highlights??