My Mom’s Beef Vegetable Soup
Thank you so so much for all of your kind words about my first vlog! I now really can’t wait to start doing more of them :D.
I have a super tasty recipe for you guys today! My mom’s beef vegetable soup has been one of my favorite winter-time meals for as long as I can remember! Well, she made it last night and I finally got the recipe from her. It’s super easy to make, and while it does take a while it isn’t hard at all…the reason it takes so long is due to the amount of simmering that has to happen!
Beef Vegetable Soup
- 3 lbs beef stew meat (trim off any excess fat if there is any)
- 1 qt package of beef broth/stock
- 4 cups water
- 4 tsp salt
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ dried marjoram
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 14.5oz cans of diced tomatoes
- 1 2lb bag of frozen mixed vegetables (ours had corn, peas, green beans, and carrots)
- 1 additional cup of frozen corn
- Canola oil
- Brown meat in canola oil; rinse meat under hot water when done to remove any excess grease
- Put meat back into stock pot
- Add broth and water
- Add salt, oregano, marjoram, pepper, bay leaves, onion, and garlic
- Bring to a boil. Reduce, cover, and simmer for 2 hours
- Add frozen vegetables and cans of tomatoes
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 45 min to 1 hour
- Remove bay leaves
- Serve and enjoy!
I topped my bowl of soup with some mini saltine crackers…totally delicious and it definitely hit the spot!
The other day I was nominated by the lovely Nicole for the “Versatile Blogger Award”! Thank you so much girlie! I really appreciate it :D.
I completed this survey back in September, so if you want to check out seven completely random facts about me, I suggest you click here and read!
Anyway, I gotta get going, I have two appointments to look at and try on wedding dresses today! Eeeee I am so excited :D.
I hope you all have an amazing Monday!
Do you like vegetable soup? What’s your favorite kind?
How was your weekend?