Hi friends!! I’m so sorry I was MIA yesterday. I got into Boston later Tuesday evening and yesterday was spent cleaning and organizing things and seeing my friends!
Anyway, the fabulous Melissa tagged me in a fun little survey :D. Here are the rules:
#1 You must post these rules.
#2 Each person must post 11 things about themselves on their blog.
#3 Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
11 Things About Me
1. When I workout, I like my music to be loud and upbeat. For some reason that really helps motivate and push me. If it’s not loud enough then I don’t feel pumped up enough!
2. My new favorite Chobani flavor (as of Tuesday when I finally tried it) is apple cinnamon! It’s seriously amazing!!
3. Ever since high school I’ve thought it would be awesome to be a photographer. Sadly I haven’t taken any classes to really learn how to take good pictures. Hopefully now that I have a DSLR I can start to figure out what I’m doing! While landscape and food pictures are pretty, I think that photographing animals and people would be my favorite.
4. I hate reading about the serving sizes on boxes of cereal…they just make me slightly depressed because I tend to finish a box in 3-5 bowls (depending on the type of cereal) haha. Oops ;).
5. I absolutely hate to floss my teeth. I don’t know why because it’s not like it’s hard and it doesn’t take that long. I just think it’s somewhat inconvenient haha. I’d rather just brush my teeth and be done with it, but I know that isn’t good for me and my overall health!
6. Truth: I still sleep with my baby blanket. I love that thing, and I call it my blankie. It has two holes in it from when I accidentally burnt it with a sparkler when I was 6. Yea…not quite sure why I had my blanket around sparklers, but oh well haha. It’s something that provides me with a deep sense of comfort every night! At least Chris has accepted that I have it :).
7. I love my converse all stars. I’m currently on my 3rd pair and these ones are grey. I like that they look good with jeans. I’ve always wanted cute sneakers to wear with my pants but then the pant bottoms would get all bunched up and look funny…my converse keep the pants lookin’ good hehe ;).
8. I think my blog readers might be surprised to find out that my humor can be inappropriate…not always, but fairly often. Perhaps I’m trying to keep some immaturity in my life to preserve my youth!
9. I prefer short fingernails. Long nails get annoying for typing and texting haha.
10. I’m a romantic <3.
11. Like Melissa, I love really pretty, girly things. However, I don’t always buy them and wear them.
1. What’s one goal you’ve achieved that you never thought you could?
Oh man, since I’ve told you I’m not exactly a goal-oriented person, this is hard! But, I never thought I would get into a grad school that is ranked in the top 10 for my field…everyone else believed I could. And then, I actually got into two that are in the top 10!
2. Is your life now what you thought it would be 10 years ago?
I think for the most part. I guess I just never really thought about what job I would have or what career I would be pursuing.
3. What’s your favorite quote?
I actually have a lot of quotes that I like, but this one is something that I think everyone should take to heard:
“Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.” – Oscar Wilde
4. Do you like to read? What was the last book you read?
Um…duh. I LOVE to read! That last book I read was actually one that I have already read…I just couldn’t get it out of my head and so I decided to re-read it even though it had only been like 2 months since I first read it. It was Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi.
5. Do you think you’re photogenic?
Ha…no. Unless a professional is taking pictures.
6. When was the last time you made a new friend?
Oh man…I feel like I make new online friends all the time now! But, I’d say that during grad school is the last time I’ve made a new friend that is someone whose friendship will last.
7. Do you wear nail polish?
8. What’s one food that other people go crazy over that you could take or leave?
9. What was the last thing you tried that was completely new to you?
10. Do you like to take risks or play it safe?
Mostly I think I like to play it safe, but I do try to take some risks. And I think taking risks is something that I should continue to push myself to do.
11. What is the best experience you’ve had in the past year?
I can’t do just one- getting engaged and starting this blog!
1. What is the one thing that made the biggest impact on you in 2011?
2. If you could go anywhere in the world at this very moment, where would you go?
3. What is your favorite beauty product?
4. Do you like all of the changes that are being made to Facebook?
5. Warm or cold weather?
6. How do you drink your coffee?
7. What is your favorite form of exercise?
8. What is one thing that you are really wanting right now?
9. Who is your favorite celebrity?
10. What do you think is your best feature?
11. What part of blogging do you enjoy the most?
Now, I’d like to tag some of you to complete this :D.
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries
Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance
Alexandra @ LIFT weights. SAVOR food. LOVE life.
Tessa @ Amazing Asset
Lindsay @ The Lean Green Bean