Healthy Chicken and Quinoa Casserole
Happy Saturday everyone!!!
First of all I want to thank you SO MUCH to everyone that participated in the first Fitness Loves of the Week! There were 12 link-ups to some awesome workouts (I suggest you go check them all out) and I am so excited that you all seemed to enjoy it :).
Just a few reminders:
1. Make sure to grab the FLOW button and put it in your Friday posts! This way your readers know to come check out the link up party and can see all of the other things people have posted! I will put the embed code in all of my FLOW posts from now on. Also, you can find it on the FLOW page!
2. Even if you are linking up a workout from a previous post, still put the FLOW button in your Friday post! Otherwise, your readers won’t know to check it out!
And seriously, THANK YOU again! I love you all <3.
The other night I made a super delicious chicken and quinoa casserole! And I topped with a vegan cheese sauce. Kinda funny because there is chicken in it, so it’s no where near being a vegan dish, but whatever- I figured I would use the vegan cheese sauce to make it a bit healthier :).
Chicken and Quinoa Casserole
Makes 9 servings
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1lb bag frozen broccoli florets
- 1/2 1lb bag frozen green peas
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 servings of Low Fat Vegan Cheeze Sauce from Oh She Glows (I suggest making 2 servings – which would yield 2 cups – because it could definitely be cheezier!)
- Place chicken breasts in a pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and immediately reduce to barely a simmer. Partly cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Turn off heat completely and let chicken sit in hot water (still partly covered) for 15-20 minutes. Shred chicken.
- Cook quinoa in water according to package.
- Make Cheeze Sauce according to directions. If you are going to make 2 servings- double everything.
- Steam broccoli and green peas.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine chicken, quinoa, cheeze sauce, broccoli, and peas in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Pour mixture into an 8×8 glass baking dish. Mash down so that it fits.
- Bake at 325 for 25-30 minutes or until the top is a golden brown color.
- Split into 9 servings.
Sooooo tasty. And I am super excited that there are so many leftovers. YAY!
I hope you all have a great weekend :D.
Do you ever like to mix vegan foods with non-vegan foods?