Thank you so much to everyone that participated in FLOW on Friday :D. I love you all!
I hope you have all had a great weekend :D. Friday night my friends and I had a girl’s night. We went and saw The Vow, which was slightly disappointing. I think I would have liked it better if more had been done with the ending…I dunno, it just sort of ends and leaves you hanging.
But, Channing Tatum was pretty awesome to watch on the big screen for almost 2 hours ;). Speaking of Mr. Tatum…I found this video clip of him that you should all watch! It’s his opening monologue on SNL last weekend and he does some stripping action hehe. Click the picture to go to the page where the video is!
So the other night I made a really delicious meal. And it was extremely easy which is a huge plus in my book! For some reason I got the idea to make stuffed peppers, but done more Mexican style. These peppers are awesome!
Mexican Style Stuffed Peppers
Makes 6-8 servings
3 large bell peppers (I used red), cut in half with stems, seeds, and membranes removed
1 lb of lean ground beef, cooked and drained
1 packet of taco seasoning
Water (amount according to directions on taco seasoning packet)
1 15oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 15oz can of chunky salsa
Mexican cheese (I used the 2% Milk blend)
Olive oil cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cut bell peppers in half and remove the stems, seeds, and membranes.
3. Brown the meat in a skillet over medium-high heat. Drain when finished.
4. Add water and taco seasoning to meat. Cook according to seasoning packet.
5. Add black beans and salsa to the seasoned meat. Let it simmer for a few minutes to warm up.
6. Line a baking sheet with tin foil and coat with olive oil cooking spray.
7. Line up peppers on baking sheet. Spoon meat, bean, and salsa mixture into the pepper halves. Depending on how much you want the peppers filled, you could use 6-8 halves.
9. Sprinkle the peppers with the Mexican cheese.
10. Bake at 400 degrees for 20-30 minutes or until the cheese is is starting to turn golden on top.
These were really tasty and very filling. They also sort of had a chili taste to them! I’m so glad that I have plenty of leftovers :).
And I thought I’d leave you with some handsome men pictures that I’ve found on Pinterest!