Easy and Healthy Turkey Chili
Chris is here :D. I am so happy! My exam went well yesterday (at least I think so haha) and then I was able to pick Chris up from the airport. After my class in the afternoon, Chris and I hit up Trader Joe’s and Whole Foods.
While at the stores we got ingredients to make up a tasty pot of chili!
I was starving by the time we got back from the store so we both started prepping away.
Oh how I’ve missed him…
Zoey wanted in on the action too:
Our chili was super easy to make and it tasted delicious. We have a ton of leftovers too which is really nice!
Easy and Healthy Turkey Chili
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 15oz can corn
- 1 15 oz can black beans
- 1 15 oz can red kidney beans
- 1 15 oz can white kidney beans
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 28oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- Garlic powder, cayenne pepper, and oregano to taste
1. Brown turkey over medium-heat in the bottom of the pot you’ll use for the chili
2. Add the diced onion and green pepper to the turkey (I diced my onion in the food processor…so easy, and no tears!!). Cook until the peppers and onions get a bit tender.
3. Add the cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, and oregano and mix well.
4. Add the beans, tomatoes, and corn. Sprinkle with some more garlic powder and mix everything together really well. Let it sit for at least 20 minutes so the flavors can really come out.
So yesterday I decided to stop doing my cleanse 2 days early. The fiber drink was not agreeing with my stomach at all. The first couple of days of the cleanse I had some really bad stomach pain but I just chalked it up to things not “moving” well yet if you know what I mean. During the cleanse you have the fiber drink the first 3 days and the last 3 days. So once I stopped taking the fiber drink I felt great. Well when I re-introduced it on Monday my stomach felt really bad again. I decided then that I wasn’t going to do the fiber drink anymore.
Then, yesterday I was just hardcore craving my normal foods and I really missed my coffee. I decided that instead of waiting two more days I would just go with what my body was telling me. I’ve said before that I don’t like depriving myself, and I was getting to the point where that’s what I felt like was happening with the cleanse. I don’t want to cause any of the distorted thinking I’ve had before by denying myself and then wanting to over-indulge afterward, so I stopped before it could ever get to that point.
I did feel a bit guilty about it and said so on twitter, but many of you were great and supportive with your responses! Thank you :).
One thing I did learn from the cleanse is that I perhaps wasn’t getting as many fruits and veggies in my diet before, so that’s something I definitely want to start focusing more on! Also, I really enjoyed the Spark energy drink and think I’ll continue to use that in the afternoons when I need a pick me up.
Anyway, I hope you all have a great day!!
An article that may interest you: Should You Try the Bar Method? (it totally makes me want to!!)