Happy hump day!!
I’m having a great time here in Florida with Chris :). On Monday we went for a nice walk on the beach in the evening. The view was gorgeous!
If the weather cooperates today we’ll be heading back to the beach to soak up some rays. The past two nights we’ve also had some tasty pita pizzas. I teased you all with a pic of them on Instagram on Monday…but honestly, the recipe isn’t even really a recipe haha. It’s just a combination of tasty ingredients!
Whole Wheat Pesto Pita Pizzas
Whole wheat pitas
Pesto sauce: we found this sauce at Whole Foods and it is DELISH…we went with this because there was no cheese in it (Chris is lactose intolerant)
Shredded Mozzarella cheese (we used Daiya cheese because it’s dairy-free and it melts really well for a dairy-free cheese!)
Seasonings: garlic powder, onion powder, oregano
1. Brown the turkey in a skillet and season to taste with garlic powder, onion powder, and oregano
2. Spread pesto onto your pitas in a thin layer
3. Next pile on the sliced tomatoes and cooked turkey
4. Sprinkle on the desired amount of cheese
5. If you want, season with garlic powder, onion powder, and oregano to taste
6. Bake in toaster oven at 350* for 8-10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the pitas are getting crispy.
These pita pizzas were sooooooo good! Hence the reason we ate them for dinner two nights in a row hehe. And I totally had two pita pizzas each night…that amount was satisfying but didn’t make me feel overly stuffed!
And now I have TWO new workouts for you :D. The first is one that I completed Saturday before the wedding. I didn’t have time to complete a long workout, but hey, as I said when I posted a pic on Instagram (can you tell that I love Instagram?? haha) you don’t need a lot of time to get in a good workout!
Here is the workout in pinnable form:
This next workout is one that I did yesterday at the gym! Sweat was dripping down my face during this haha. And the very last interval was killer…but I felt so accomplished at the end of it!
Catch you all later! Hope you have a wonderful day 🙂